Infidelity: Beyond Trauma to Transformation
"Even the most experienced therapist can feel overwhelmed by couples struggling with infidelity. This program investigates the complexities of monogamy and the motivations behind infidelity, as well as the values of the therapist, which affect clinical decisions. There is a focus on the impact of technology on infidelity, managing secrets and how much detail about the affair to disclose, and the erotic recovery for a couple after an affair.Learn the most current methods for helping a couple best determine whether the legacy of an affair will be simply survival, a break-up, or a transformative experience for the relationship.INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING (9) PRESENTATIONS:"
Add CE Credit at no extra cost when you pass the online test with a score or 80% or better. Select the type of CE credit you require, Remember to include your License # at checkout and we will send you the test link in a separate email.
After completion of the program listeners will be able to:
1. Understand the complexities of marriage, sex and monogamy from a multicultural, nonjudgmental perspective.
2. Describe an open secrets policy to better manage confidentiality in couples therapy.
3. Explain how to reduce the couples’ vulnerability for future affairs.
4. Define several trust-building exercises that foster connection between partners.
5. Recognize how an affair may help to positively transform a marriage.
6. Assess the role of cybersex and pornography use in infidelity.
7. Describe the Atone-Attune-Attach model in the treatment of infidelity.
|Janis Abrahms Spring, Marty Klein, John Gottman, Julie Gottman, Tammy Nelson, Alexandra Katehakis
|Anatomy of Intimacy